Friday, March 9, 2012

WIPocalypse March Update and TGIF...........................

Hello fellow stitchers...It has been a rough 2 1/2 weeks around our house.  Right after the last post my 2 boys and my husband all came down with this funky virus, bug, flu thing.  My husband was out of town working when he became sick.  My youngest was getting sick in church on Wed. the 22nd and he missed that Thursday and Friday of school.  There goes the perfect attendance he was so trying so hard to get this year.  My oldest got sick right after school on Friday.  I thought Yea.....he will have two days to recouperate and be back on Monday.  So he won't mess up his perfect attendance.  WRONG.  He missed on Monday.  My husband came home from his work trip and litteraly just died.  Went to bed around 6pm Friday night and did not really wake up til Sunday morning.  In between he had a bad case of the stomach bug.  So on Saturday, all 3 "boys" were in bed and I was stitching away watching the TV all to myself.  I did have to get up occassionally and tend to the needs of the sickly.  It seemed though that my husband was the worst of them all.  I don't know if he was actually worse but he sure belly ached the most.

After the "boys" got well, my husband I celebrated our 13th (have been together for over 20yrs. as we dated over 8 years before we got married) anniversay on February 27th at Big Cedar Lodge up by Branson, MO.  Love the private cabins and the atmosphere is wonderful.  We honeymooned there and decided to go back.  We left to come home the morning before the tornados.  It was sad to see the flea market that I had just been in reduced to rumble.

I have been stitching on my WIPS and did get one of the projects "Finished" on my list.  Swan Lake Mending bag.  So glad to have this crossed off my list.  I stitched just a little bit on ATS.  I don't have a picture as it hasn't changed much since the last time I took one.  I am also working on DT's Alpine Garden.  I started this a couple of years ago and just flung it aside.  I had stopped at the section before the Mountain Violets. I am hoping to get this one done by the end of March.  Then on to another one in my list.   (Sorry the picture is dark, I took this on my Iphone and the lighting was not real good.)



Today starts my on-line class through the Shining Needle Society with Jackie DuPlessis of It's Fine-ally Finished.  I am taking the class La Vie En Rose.  (On her site click on Teaching Projects and scroll down to see a picture.)  This should be a fast stitch as it is tent stitch and there is not really much stitching at all.   I know, How am I supposed to get anything done on my WIP's with me taking new on-line classes and then going in November to the Attic for Merry's classes.  All I can say is.................well...................

I also have not started on my other on-line class with Amy Mittern, "Friesland".  We are supposed to be getting the finishing kit after March 25.   I am hoping to maybe start on it this weekend.  I like to take my time and not rush and that is the beauty of doing classes on-line. 

But I guess....I am not bogging myself down as I am so excited for taking another class on-line...Tricia Wilson Nguyen's "Cabinet of Curiosities".  I have always been fascinated with needlework caskets and would love to have one for my own.  (If only I could win the lottery).   It will be an 18 month course.  I have all of these different ideas realing in my head about what I want to put on my casket.  I do not want to over do it with other things as this is what I want to really focus on during this time.   Tricia has already given us little tidbits of information about how the casket class has come about.  You can read up on it on her blog here.   The class starts on May 1st.  So the count down begins. 

Here's a shout out to the Razorback Aquatic Club.  They have their state meet this weekend and I hope they do well.  My son is on this team and he made a qualifying time for state on the 50y breaststroke, but they are not offering this at state.  So we will have to wait and see how he does for long course season this summer. 
GO AQUAHAWGS!!!!

Well I guess I should get going and do something productive today.  Don't know what but something.................
We have had a very mild winter here in NW Arkansas.  Not even one snow day for the kidos.  They will be getting out of school on May 23rd, unlike last year June 10th.
 It has been in the 70's here lately.  But a cold front with rain came in yesterday and it was cold enough that we had rain, hail, sleet and snow.  The sleet and snow didn't amount to anything but was a surprise as we have not seen it this winter.

Thanks for stopping by to visit and hope we all get some stitching done.  I also want to let you know that I do read each an every blog update that I have on the right side of my blog.  I might not respond to everyone but just wanted to know that you all have really inspired me to keep my blog up and to stitch a lot more.  I don't think I would have done as much stitching as I have so far this year if it wasn't for checking the blogs.  Thank you. 

P.S.  Remember to set your clocks "Forward" for Daylight savings time.  I know my husband will be happy that the time will be changing as it means extra daylight time to work on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment