Saturday, August 22, 2015

Good Intentions!

I had good intentions of keeping up with this blog, getting some quality stitching time in, baking and gardening. But life seems to have other plans sometimes for us. Summers are just not good stitching time for us. We live on a lake and it seems like we are out there every weekend boating and such. I know a terrible way to spend the summer right?  It is if you don't get any stitching time. Come on Fall. Oh how I love thee!!!

Kidos started back to school this past week. I have a sophomore in high school ( how did that happen) and an 8th grader (don't know how that happened either. 10 grader is driving so that should free up a lot of time as I was having to drive back and forth everyday for swim practices. Sometimes in the mornings before school and everyday after.  Woohoo for me. Still teary eyed that he drives off without me. But I can't stop them from growing up.

On a stitching note....... I have gotten "Eternal Love" by Merry Cox all stitched and even finished. This was one of the easiest finishings I have ever done. You know I tend to procrastinate but that free time when kids are not around is going to change that....hopefully. This was one of the classes that I took in Mesa at the Sampler Symposium this past January hosted by The Attic.


 

 


 








This is such a lovely picece. It was fun to stitch and the little tray and all the accessories fit inside the paper mâché box that has a name plate stitched on it.  

I am starting to stitch "A Young Lady's Workbox". Will show you progress in a few short days. I am really going to try to keep blogging as this might keep me stitching more. 

Thank you for stopping by my dear friends. 


2 comments:

  1. Everything is looking good. I'm so glad you finally updated us on your progress. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking good. I'm so glad you finally updated us on your progress. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete